Friday, March 9, 2012

March Madness on cold medicine

In honor of all things March Madness, I thought I would spend a little time wrapping up our evening from last Friday. I know, on the surface these things do not correlate, but trust me, they do. See, last Friday night, Cory and I went with four other friends to the ALS fundraiser at the College Basketball Hall of Fame.

First things first, the ALS Association is a charity that we are happy to help support. Cory and I always like supporting charities to which we, or someone we know, have a special connection. (We like to support charities, even if I can't explain the concept to my child.) Our good friend Chris serves on the board of directors for the Keith Worthington Chapter of the ALS Association. So, when he asked if anyone was interested in attending this fundraising dinner, it was kind of a no-brainer.

We're getting up there in years, so we don't get to go to weddings all that much anymore. And, we're not really bar people. But, we do like to have a fun adult time every once in a while. So, when the opportunity came up for dinner, dancing and drinking with friends ... well, like I said: no-brainer.

We even got to get dressed up and ride in a limo down to the event.

It's amazing how much easier it is to take pictures when you don't have kids in them.

All the ladies, dressed up and ready to go.

Chris and Anne.

Megan and Brandon.

As fate would have it, I came down with a nasty head cold the day before the event. (In other, completely related news, check out this new study that shows that redheads are more prone to illness. In our entirely unscientific anecdotal family evidence, this is absolutely true.) But, we had already purchased the tickets, and we were going to ride in a limo. I couldn't NOT go. However, if you're wondering what Amy does on cold medicine and wine ... well, the rest of the pictures will tell you.


The event took place at the College Basketball Hall of Fame at the Sprint Center in downtown Kansas City. I had actually never been there, so I was looking forward to it. We got there and immediately got drinks and food. We then listened to some speeches and got to participate in a live auction. And, when I say participate, I mean, I tried to convince Cory to buy a trip to Italy or Costa Rica, and he tried to hold the paddle under the table and away from me.

After all that was over, we had some time to explore the museum. This is where the crazy pictures come in.  The Hall of Fame has a lot of interactive basketball things. Dunking, shooting, etc. See, I was in heels, and my head was kind of swimming anyway from the combo of cold medicine and wine. So, well, you can see ...

"Dunking" a basketball.

Posing as a KU player. Of course.

Flying through the air a la Michael Jordan. I even had the tongue out and everything.

YES!
So, there you have our last Friday night. Cold Medicine + Wine + Basketball = Insane pictures of Amy. But, it was all for a good cause and we had a great time with our friends, even if Cory didn't go for that tropical trip I was wanting ... There's always next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment